App of The Week – SchoolMate
September 3, 2015
Victoria’s Department of Education and Training has released a new app that is designed to help parents become more engaged in their child’s education. SchoolMate provides parents with a roadmap to help aid their child’s learning at home and at school. It:
- shows parents what their children are learning in each subject, at each year level according to the Victorian curriculum (AusVELS)
- provides parents with tips for helping their child in the best way possible
- suggests apps, books, events and activities related to each subject area and year level.
SchoolMate was created by the Department with input from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and Victoria’s professional teaching associations including:
- Victorian Association for the Teaching of English
- School Sport Victoria
- Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Geography Teachers’ Association of Victoria
- Science Teachers’ Association of Victoria
- History Teachers’ Association of Victoria
- Digital Learning and Teaching Victoria
- Mathematical Association of Victoria
- Art Education Victoria.
We think SchoolMate is a great resource for parents and we encourage you to visit the App Store or Google Play and download it today.