- Our School
- Our Curriculum
- Our Community
- Our Canteen
- Our Uniform
- Our OSHClub
Over the past 20 years our School has been redeveloped and refurbished to incorporate a modern teaching complex of six classrooms in the Grade 5/6 area, specialist teaching areas and a canteen in the Junior School area.
In 2013 our school celebrated 140 years of education in our community with a variety of learning opportunities provided through recalling many of the ways in which education was run in the early years. The school has grown in recent years, with enrolments increasing from 293 in 1999 to 545 in 2020.
Tales from the Archives of Strathfieldsaye PS
Strathfieldsaye Primary School has a distinguished history beginning in 1873, growing from its rural origins into a modern school offering a progressive and comprehensive curriculum. Many of the original families depicted in these photos are still present in the Strathfieldsaye community and have descendants who attend or have attended the school.
The story of Strathfieldsaye Primary School is the quintessential story of many Victorian Public Schools. It has provided free high quality learning opportunities for children through drought, war, declining and more recently, increasing enrolments. Since the school has existed, it has seen life- changing inventions such as radio, television, antibiotics, automobiles, aeroplanes, rockets, personal computers, vacuum cleaners, sliced bread, microwave ovens and the internet.
In 1934 we acquired our oldest building, the Abbott Room. This historical building was obtained from the Diamond Hill School near Kangaroo Flat. The Abbott Room is still in use for specialty classes or display purposes. During the celebration of 140 years of education in 2013, the Abbott Room now known as the Community Room) was utilised to recreate an old classroom of that era.